McDonald's acquires AI company Dynamic Yield to fast track its digital transformation
McDonald’s has announced that it will acquire Dynamic Yield, an Israeli AI-powered startup that provides retailers with decision logic technology.
McDonald’s plans to use the technology to create an even more personalised experience at its Drive Thrus.
It’s digital Drive Thru menus will now display food based on the time of day, weather and current restaurant traffic. For instance, if it's hot, the displays may suggest that you buy a McFlurry ice cream.
Additionally, the decision technology can also suggest additional items to add to a customer’s order based on their current selections.
- Can your customer data platform facilitate the right decisions?
- How to instil a Silicon Valley-style culture to amplify your digital transformation efforts
- Gourmet Gulf partners with Finesse and Salesforce to transform dining experience
- Read the latest issue of Gigabit here
Through the acquisition, the fast-food giant says it will become “one of the first companies to integration decision technology into the customer point of sale at a brick and mortar location.”
McDonald’s plans to roll out the technology at its US Drive Thrus this year and then expand its use to other international markets.
“Technology is a critical element of our Velocity Growth Plan, enhancing the experience for our customers by providing greater convenience on their terms,” said Steve Easterbrook, President and Chief Executive Officer, McDonald’s Corporation.
“With this acquisition, we’re expanding both our ability to increase the role technology and data will play in our future and the speed with which we’ll be able to implement our vision of creating more personalised experiences for our customers.”
Liad Agmon, co-founder and CEO of Dynamic Yield, added: “We started Dynamic Yield seven years ago with the premise that customer-centric brands must make personalization a core activity. We’re thrilled to be joining an iconic global brand such as McDonald’s and are excited to innovate in ways that have a real impact on people’s daily lives.”
- Meta Quest 3: Can businesses use VR day-to-day?Digital Transformation
- Microsoft Copilot makes technology more accessible with AIAI & Machine Learning
- Asian Games 2023: Developing digital sports technologyDigital Transformation
- Cisco acquire Splunk for improved cyber threat protectionDigital Transformation