BAE Systems turns to machine learning specialist Splunk to secure its US government cloud
BAE Systems has revealed a new collaboration with Splunk to utilise its machine learning expertise for its United States government cloud solution.
The new partnership will bolster security on the scalable, hybrid solution, according to BAE. Splunk's tools can deliver predictive analytics and real-time visibility based on the patterns seen in machine data.
"The security tools and advanced machine learning algorithms included with Splunk Enterprise automate the analysis of our cloud security logs, instantly alerting security administrators of potential risks," said Peder Jungck, vice president and general manager of BAE Systems’ Intelligence Solutions business.
- OUT NOW! August's bumper edition of Gigabit Magazine
- Telstra flicks the switch on Australia's first 5G network on its Gold Coast
- 5G smartphone set for 2019 launch in US thanks to Sprint and LG
"This is a core part of our federated secure cloud strategy – leveraging the best security technologies on the market to give network administrators an unparalleled level of awareness and security control."
Splunk's Gary DePreta added: "Cybersecurity threats are one of the biggest risks to federal agencies today, and analysts need to make decisions faster than ever before to safeguard the country and citizens. By embedding Splunk Enterprise within the federated secure cloud, analysts are able to utilise machine learning to detect and respond to threats faster, make more informed decisions, and focus on proactive security strategies."
BAE Systems delivers a broad range of solutions and services enabling militaries and governments to carry out their missions, providing large-scale systems engineering, integration and sustainment services across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains.
- HP Report: The Role of AI in the Modern WorkforceIT Procurement
- Meta at 20: From Social Media Giant to AI Metaverse LeaderDigital Transformation
- Google delays launch of long-anticipated Gemini AI modelAI & Machine Learning
- Capgemini: Gen AI accelerating software-led transformationsEnterprise IT