Telenor’s digital transformation journey continues with collaboration with Google Cloud, which will further explore areas of cooperation and define key strategic initiatives, advancing Telenor’s digital capabilities.
Telenor's aims are to go beyond connectivity , leveraging Google's expertise in data management, machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI/ML) to enhance their infrastructure with complementary technologies that will better serve customers and society overall.
Key areas the partnership will focus on include:
- Strengthening Telenor’s technology capabilities to make an impact: Both companies aspire to transform and modernise Telenor’s IT and networks by looking at Google Cloud’s services, security capabilities and global data centre network. With the power of Google's data, analytics and AI/ML intelligence technologies, Telenor aims to support customers and industries to face their digital transformation challenges.
- Delivering growth through joint go-to-market activities: New and scalable revenue streams to be created by expanding both horizontal and vertical services through joint go-to-market activities.
- Joint innovations: Telenor and Google Cloud will innovate and enhance the capabilities of current and future products, develop new modern industry solutions and services, and drive cost efficiencies. This is likely to include developments to the next generation of virtual network function and edge computing, focusing on IoT and 5G.
- Bringing digital to all: Google Cloud and Telenor are committed to bringing digital to all customers. Customers will be helped to get online and guided through their digital transformations by providing access to support teams and next-generation solutions. By looking at how solutions are developed, how businesses are responsibly run, and diverse ways of working, the aim is to ultimately empower societies.
“Telenor wants to work with leaders in the tech industry and stay committed to being at the forefront of modernisation and digitalisation. As connectivity is the foundation for building trust, we believe that together we can go beyond connectivity to enhance our offering to our customers with new and innovative solutions, whilst improving the overall experience of our current portfolio,” says Sigve Brekke, president and CEO of Telenor Group.
“We are delighted to collaborate with Telenor to bring together the strengths of both our companies and accelerate innovation in the telecommunications industry. We look forward to further driving Telenor’s ability to digitally transform its customers’ businesses with infrastructure, industry solutions and technology expertise—all on the cleanest cloud in the industry,” said Thomas Kurian, CEO, Google Cloud.
Telenor Group is a leading telecommunications company across the Nordics and Asia with 172 million customers and annual sales of around USD 14 billion (2020). We are committed to responsible business conduct and driven by the ambition of empowering societies. Connectivity has been Telenor's domain for more than 160 years, and our purpose is to connect our customers to what matters most. Telenor is listed at Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker TEL.
About Google Cloud
Google Cloud accelerates organisations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Qualtrics choose Amazon Web Services cloud for UK regionData & Data Analytics
- Atos and Black Box to offer Unity Office by RingCentralCloud & Cybersecurity
- How Snowflake uncovers data insights for its customersData & Data Analytics
- Major Finnish telco Elisa joins forces with Google CloudCloud & Cybersecurity