"Innovation at the heart of everything" - SAP Cloud Platform passes 10,000 enterprise customers
SAP's CTO Björn Goerke has said innovation continues to drive the company forward after users of its SAP Cloud Platform passed the 10,000 mark.
Speaking as the German software giant recognised the landmark for its cloud solutions, Goerke also highlighted the customer-obsession at the centre of its philsophy.
"Innovation and the success of our customers are at the heart of everything we do at SAP," said Goerke, who is also president of SAP Cloud Platform.
- OUT NOW! Read September's edition of Gigabit Magazine
- AR and VR to be mainstream for businesses within five years, says Capgemini survey
- Facebook to build its first data centre in Asia with $1bn Singapore project
"SAP Cloud Platform is designed to help our customers easily accomplish their digital transformation initiatives to become best-run businesses. Now more than 10,000 customers can testify to the flexibility and value SAP Cloud Platform delivers."
In July, Gigabit reported that Amazon Web Services had increased its market share in cloud by a percentage point to 34%, a number greater than the combined share of its four biggest competitors, including its three rivals Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and Alibaba Cloud.
According to SAP, its cloud platform 'provides an open and agile platform that helps deliver innovations by seamlessly integrating applications and unlocking the value of data'.
An open platform as a service (PaaS), SAP Cloud Platform delivers in-memory capabilities, core platform services and unique microservices for building and extending intelligent, mobile-enabled cloud applications.
- Qualtrics choose Amazon Web Services cloud for UK regionData & Data Analytics
- SAP RISE chosen by Microsoft for their migration to S/4HANACloud & Cybersecurity
- Atos and Black Box to offer Unity Office by RingCentralCloud & Cybersecurity
- Tech execs present virtually at BMG live event this morningIT Procurement