Naspers forms new global consumer internet group, plans to list portfolio on Euronext

By Marcus Lawrence
South African multinational internet and media group Naspers has announced its intention to list its array of internet assets on the Euronext Amsterdam...

South African multinational internet and media group Naspers has announced its intention to list its array of internet assets on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange under NewCo, a new group comprised of Naspers’ international internet assets.

NewCo will become Europe’s largest listed consumer internet firm by asset value if the plans go ahead.

Amongst these assets is Naspers’ US$134bn stake in Tencent, one of China’s largest tech companies and the biggest video game publisher by revenue in the world.

Other brands in Naspers’ portfolio include Swiggy, mail.ru, OLX, letgo, Avito, PayU, Avito, iFood, DeliveryHero, Udemy, eMAG and MakeMyTrip.

SEE ALSO:

75% of NewCo will be owned by Naspers, with the remaining 25% to be floated on Euronext Amsterdam.

“Forming and listing a new, global consumer internet group on Euronext Amsterdam is a significant step for Naspers. It will provide a strong platform to attract incremental investor capital, which is well-aligned to our growth goals,” said Bob van Dijk, CEO of Naspers, in the firm’s press release.

“[The listing] will comprise some of the world’s leading and fastest-growing internet companies that are playing an increasingly important role in helping people improve their daily lives in some of the most exciting markets on the planet.”

Van Dijk added: “As well as opening up investment to a broader category of investors, the listing aims to reduce our weighting on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, which we believe will help us maximise shareholder value over time.”

Share

Featured Articles

ICYMI: Energy crisis IT threat and rich are drawn to digital

A week is a long time in tech, so here are some of Technology Magazine’s most popular articles which have been starting conversations around the world

Cyber increasingly a growth enabler, Deloitte study shows

Deloitte's 2023 Global Future of Cyber survey highlights the imperative for organisations to move cybersecurity from threat assessment to growth enabler

Trillions of dollars created by growing US wireless industry

In 2020 alone, the US wireless industry created US$1.3 trillion in gross output, $825 billion in GDP, and over four million jobs for the national economy

Energy crisis posing threat to IT companies' sustainability

Enterprise IT

Data backup gives way to data protection and cybersecurity

Cloud & Cybersecurity

Rich investors drawn to digital assets despite crypto crash

Digital Transformation