Nokia and Telenor Group launch cloud-native core solution in Scandinavia to prepare for 5G
Nokia and Telenor Group have joined forces to launch a new cloud-native core solution in Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
Based on Nokia AirGile, technology, including the AirFrame data centre and Cloud Packet Core, the technology aims to drive network efficiency in Scandinavia.
Nokia says the deployment will “enhance performance and reliability and drive mobile broadband service agility as Telenor prepares for the introduction of 5G.”
- Amazon launches Sustainability Data Initiative which leverages cloud and open data
- Accenture acquires PrimeQ to strengthen its Oracle Cloud capabilities
- T-Mobile and Nokia agree $3.5bn deal on nationwide 5G network
- Read the latest issue of Gigabit magazine
Hilary Mine, Head of Nordics, Baltics and Benelux for Nokia said: "Nokia is able to draw on its extensive network and services expertise to deliver a cloud-native core network that will allow Telenor to speed service delivery and take advantage of new efficiencies in terms of scaling services and expanding capacity to meet demand.
“The Nokia cloud-native core will provide a solid foundation as Telenor evolves toward 5G."
The agreement builds on Nokia’s earlier successful deployment of a cloud-native core solution for Telen’s operations in Thailand, Malaysia, Myanmar, Bangladesh and Pakistan.
Morten Karlsen Sørby, EVP and head of Telenor Group's Scandinavia cluster, added: "The transition to 5G will be driven by use-cases, allowing us to meet the needs of existing and new markets with innovative services.
“We are pleased to leverage Nokia's technology and services capabilities to help us transform our cloud networks in our Scandinavian markets and provide us with new efficiencies and capabilities as we make that journey."
- Nokia and Indosat Ooredoo launch 5G network in IndonesiaDigital Transformation
- Nokia to provide next-generation optical transport networkDigital Transformation
- Nokia and Verizon’s Transformative Private 5G SolutionDigital Transformation
- Nokia and the City of Hamilton: Smart City InnovationsDigital Transformation