Renesas Electronics announces alliance with Alibaba to boost Chinese IoT market
Tokyo-based semiconductor specialist Renesas Electronics announced on 25 September that it has entered into a strategic alliance with Alibaba Cloud to drive growth in China’s Internet of Things market
Renesas develops semiconductor solutions that bolster the security and safety of devices around the world, and is a market leader in microcontrollers, analog, power, and system on a chip products and integrated platforms.
Alibaba Cloud, a subsidiary of Chinese ecommerce conglomerate Alibaba, will collaborate with Renesas to embed AliOS Things IoT OS in the Renesas microcontroller (MCU) range.
“By embedding AliOS Things into [Renesas] MCUs, developers can easily connect IoT node devices using encryption key data protected by TSIP and a flash memory-protected authentication program”, Renesas’s statement said, adding that these features greatly improve IoT device security.
- RLE Technologies announces full release of WiNG wireless monitoring platform
- Comment: The Power of IoT
- JD.com to open 1,000 7Fresh supermarkets in China within five years
Renesas is also expanding its online sales and has opened a store on Tmall.com, China’s top business to customer retail site.
The firm’s Tmall store has a dedicated AliOS Things section from which IoT developers can purchase Renesas MCUs and board kit solutions that support Alibaba’s operating system.
Renesas will also assist with Alibaba Cloud’s creation of a complete IoT ecosystem, with educational initiatives and strategic input.
Joining Alibaba Cloud University, Renesas will offer both online and offline IoT development training courses, as well as working with the IoT Connectivity Alliance to create new alliance, national, and international standards that will energize growth in the IoT market.
- Healthy wearables less likely to be used by poorer patientsEnterprise IT
- ICYMI: Sustainability key to the cloud and can we trust AI?AI & Machine Learning
- How to create an AIOps strategy for the multicloud worldCloud & Cybersecurity
- Deloitte China and Alibaba Cloud create auto industry centreDigital Transformation