Top Ten Technology Consultancies - Booz Allen-Hamilton
We take a closer look into Booz Allen-Hamilton, who was featured in our comprehensive list of the top ten technology consultancies, in this month's magazine.
Booz Allen-Hamilton is a global firm of approximately 26,300 diverse, passionate, and exceptional people driven to excel, do right, and realize positive change in everything that they do.They bring bold thinking and a desire to be the best in consulting, analytics, digital solutions, engineering, and cyber, and with industries ranging from defence to health to energy to international development. They celebrate and value diversity in all its forms; it’s something that they truly value as a multicultural community of problem solvers. They believe in corporate and individual citizenship that make communities better places for all.
Booz Allen-Hamilton has one guiding purpose—to empower people to change the world. Its founder, Edwin Booz said it best: “Start with character… and fear not the future.” They bring a ferocious integrity to not only train our clients to tackle the problems they face today but to help them change the status quo for tomorrow. Each day, they imagine, invent, and deliver new ways to better serve their employees, their clients, and the world.
- Consulting - Today’s business, political, and security landscapes are constantly evolving. Staying ahead requires more than cutting-edge technology. It demands agility in problem-solving, innovative change management tools, and the ability to do more with less. With a management consulting legacy that goes back more than 100 years, Booz Allen Hamilton looks beyond challenges to see future possibilities. In its work with government and commercial organizations, they approach each project from multiple disciplines and develop a customized solution to reach your goals, together.
- Analytics - Booz Allen-Hamilton works with their clients to support their missions by developing end-to-end solutions that pair the best-in-class data scientists with emerging technologies. With data continuing to grow in size, scope and complexity, organizations are hungry for innovative strategies, services, and technologies to unlock the value of their data analytics potential.
- Digital solutions - Around the world, organizations are changing the way they operate in business, meet their missions, and address emerging threats. As technology solutions converge and connect in new ways, there are advanced opportunities to better serve and protect citizens and national interests. But with these opportunities come technical challenges. Enterprise systems must be able to quickly and easily adapt to new threats while making sense of data pouring in from around the world. New technical capabilities on their own won’t solve hard problems. With continuous pressure to modernize and accelerate innovation, organizations face the challenge of purposeful transformation. In this dynamic technology landscape, Booz Allen is a digital transformation partner that understands your requirements, technology environment, operating structure, and adoption readiness to address modernization with purpose. They are trusted to advance the nation’s most sensitive missions and are committed to delivering open, yet secure architectures so you can quickly and easily adopt new technologies. From keeping the public safe through a modern military, to ensuring citizens have access to government services, their solutions ensure that the right capabilities, with the most valuable data insights, are delivered at the moments that matter most.
- Engineering - Booz Allen's engineers and applied scientists don’t just come up with the ideas to change the way our world works—they help to build them. That means they are fundamentally changing how we approach today’s toughest threats to civilians, soldiers, and citizens.Their engineers work in concert with technologists, policy experts, and management consultants to develop solutions that work. Together, they help solve some of the most pressing engineering and applied science issues facing federal defence and civilian agencies. From using rapid prototyping and building satellites for the Air Force, to utilizing telematics to assure safety in the nation’s automobiles, their engineers are hands-on. And when they are not building solutions for tomorrow, they are helping to grow the next generation of engineers.
- Cybersecurity - As one of the largest cybersecurity providers, Booz Allen employs continuous cyber innovation, sophisticated tradecraft, and top talent to deliver results. Their diverse clients span Fortune 100 and Global 2000 companies to nearly every federal and defence agency. Their deep cyber and industry expertise is earned through hands-on experience, from the boardroom to the front lines. Whether helping to understand and reduce risk posture, or creating advanced algorithms to detect and stop attacks before they spread, Booz Allen supports their clients’ most important cyber missions. Teaming elite technical practitioners with seasoned cybersecurity experts, the solutions improve resiliency and reduce downtime caused by cyber threats and attacks.
Booz Allen-Hamilton in the news:
It was recently announced that the company secured a massive contract with the Pentagon. Read more about that, here.
GfK and VMware: Innovating together on hybrid cloud
GfK has been the global leader in data and analytics for more than 85 years, supplying its clients with optimised decision inputs.
In its capacity as a strategic and technical partner, VMware has been walking GfK along its digital transformation path for over a decade.
“We are a demanding and singularly dynamic customer, which is why a close partnership with VMware is integral to the success of everyone involved,” said Joerg Hesselink, Global Head of Infrastructure, GfK IT Services.
Four years ago, the Nuremberg-based researcher expanded its on-premises infrastructure by introducing VMware vRealize Automation. In doing so, it laid a solid foundation, resulting in a self-service hybrid-cloud environment.
By expanding on the basis of VMware Cloud on AWS and VMware Cloud Foundation with vRealize Cloud Management, GfK has given itself a secure infrastructure and reliable operations by efficiently operating processes, policies, people and tools in both private and public cloud environments.
One important step for GfK involved migrating from multiple cloud providers to just a single one. The team chose VMware.
“VMware is the market leader for on-premises virtualisation and hybrid-cloud solutions, so it was only logical to tackle the next project for the future together,” says Hesselink.
Migration to the VMware-based environment was integrated into existing hardware simply and smoothly in April 2020. Going forward, GfK’s new hybrid cloud model will establish a harmonised core system complete with VMware Cloud on AWS, VMware Cloud Foundation with vRealize Cloud Management and a volume rising from an initial 500 VMs to a total of 4,000 VMs.
“We are modernising, protecting and scaling our applications with the world’s leading hybrid cloud solution: VMware Cloud on AWS, following VMware on Google Cloud Platform,” adds Hesselink.
The hybrid cloud-based infrastructure also empowers GfK to respond to new and future projects with astonishing agility: Resources can now be shifted quickly and easily from the private to the public cloud – without modifying the nature of interaction with the environment.
The gfknewron project is a good example – the company’s latest AI-powered product is based exclusively on public cloud technology. The consistency guaranteed by VMware Cloud on AWS eases the burden on both regular staff and the IT team. Better still, since the teams are already familiar with the VMware environment, the learning curve for upskilling is short.
One very important factor for the GfK was that VMware Cloud on AWS constituted an investment in future-proof technology that will stay relevant.
“The new cloud-based infrastructure comprising VMware Cloud on AWS and VMware Cloud Foundation forges a successful link between on-premises and cloud-based solutions,” says Hesselink. “That in turn enables GfK to efficiently develop its own modern applications and solutions.
“In market research, everything is data-driven. So, we need the best technological basis to efficiently process large volumes of data and consistently distill them into logical insights that genuinely benefit the client.
“We transform data and information into actionable knowledge that serves as a sustainable driver of business growth. VMware Cloud on AWS is an investment in a platform that helps us be well prepared for whatever the future may hold.”