Top Ten Technology Consultancies - EY
Ernst & Young Global Limited Liability Partnership, commonly known as EY, is a multinational professional services firm headquartered in London, England, United Kingdom. EY is one of the largest professional services firms in the world. Along with Deloitte, KPMG and PricewaterhouseCoopers, it is considered one of the Big Four accounting firms. It primarily provides assurance (which includes financial audit), tax, consulting and advisory services to its clients. Like many of the larger accounting firms in recent years, EY has expanded into markets adjacent to accounting, including strategy, operations, HR, technology, and financial services consulting.
EY operates as a network of member firms which are structured as separate legal entities in a partnership, which has over 270,000 employees in over 700 offices in 150 countries around the world. The firm's current partnership was formed in 1989 by a merger of two accounting firms; Ernst & Whinney and Arthur Young & Co. It was aptly named Ernst & Young until a rebranding campaign officially changed its name to EY in 2013, although this initialism was already used informally prior to its sanctioning adoption.
At EY, they are dedicated to helping organizations solve their toughest challenges and realize their greatest ambitions - from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies – and the work they do with them is as varied as they are. Through their four service lines — Assurance, Advisory, Tax and Transaction Advisory Services — they help their clients capitalize on transformative opportunities. EY also helpa them fulfil regulatory requirements, keep investors informed and meet the needs of all of their stakeholders. And in a fast-changing world, they give them the support they need to be effective today and create long-term value for tomorrow.
- Tax - EY's tax professionals offer services across all tax disciplines to help you thrive in this era of rapid change. Their globally coordinated tax professionals offer connected services across all tax disciplines to help you thrive in an era of rapid change. They combine exceptional knowledge and experience with the people and technology platforms that make them an ideal partner for your tax-related needs. EY has competencies in business tax, international tax, transaction tax and tax-related issues associated with people, compliance and reporting and law.
- Transaction advisory services - EY can help you manage the crisis and stabilize your business in the short-term. They can also help you navigate the downturn and position yourselves for the recovery or look beyond to enable your transformation through M&A and divestments. Strategy and Transactions enable clients to navigate complexity by reimagining their eco-systems, reshaping their portfolios and reinventing themselves for a better future. With global connectivity and scale, they drive corporate strategy, capital allocation and transaction advisory through execution to enable fast-track value creation. They support the flow of capital across borders and help bring new products and innovation to the market. In doing so, they enable their clients to build a better working world by fostering long-term value.
- Advisory - What does it take to succeed in the Transformative Age? The nature of work is evolving fast, new generations are now dominating the workforce and we’re all being asked to adopt new behaviours — to be more innovative, more agile, more collaborative, more everything. Business is anything but usual. And navigating the Transformative Age demands we ask better questions at each point in time, from strategy to execution. EY believes better questions come from better connections. This means embracing a diversity of ideas and a rich mix of talents, backgrounds and experience. These combined perspectives will give you new insights, help you realize your organization’s purpose and equip you to operate in an entirely new way.
- Assurance - Assurance inspires the confidence and trust that help enable a complex world to work. Organizations are operating in a rapidly changing business environment, with increasingly complex regulatory requirements. In such circumstances, it is vital to maintain confidence and trust. The purpose of EY Assurance is to inspire the confidence and trust that help enable a complex world to work. EY Assurance services help to support organizations in promoting investor confidence, managing regulatory responsibilities and supporting long-term, sustainable economic growth. In doing so, we protect and serve the public interest and promote transparency. Their Assurance services – comprising Audit, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Forensic & Integrity Services – provide insights and technical knowledge across geographies. They serve global and local clients with the same intensive focus on quality, build integrated teams and innovate to transform service delivery.
EY and COVID-19:
EY has developed the “COVID-19 Enterprise Resilience Framework”. Their easy-to-use diagnostic tool provides a methodical approach to crisis management, recovery and reinvention. It is a map for navigating uncertainty and complexity is critical. They have identified nine areas that not only assist business continuity now, but help reframe your organization’s future. They recommend starting with people-related issues before moving to other areas, which can be addressed in any order:
- Employee health and wellbeing
- Talent and workforce
- Supply chain and global trade
- Customer and brand
- Financial and investor
- Government and public policy
- Technology and information security
- Insurance and legal disputes
The tool is an easy, pragmatic way to understand the resilience of your enterprise and enable you to more clearly prioritize your actions. Its purpose is to help you assess these nine areas, providing structure in the midst of chaos, and prompting you to consider elements which might otherwise be overlooked. It enables you, at a glance, to identify where you need further efforts or assistance, and is designed to be continually referred to as part of your ongoing leadership crisis meetings. Additionally, it can be used as a solid foundation upon which your corporate strategy can be shifted or rebuilt.
Find out more here.
Confluent announces new private cloud building platform
Confluent, a platform that sets data in motion, today announced Confluent for Kubernetes, the first platform purpose-built to bring cloud-native capabilities to data streams in private infrastructures.
Confluent for Kubernetes allows platform teams to bring much of the same cloud-native experience found within Confluent Cloud to their self-managed environments while enabling operations teams to retain control of their data and infrastructure. As a cloud-native solution, Confluent for Kubernetes helps achieve faster time-to-value and reduce operational burdens with a fully elastic and scalable cloud-native experience in private infrastructure.
“To compete in the digital realm, organisations need to quickly deliver personalised customer experiences and real-time operations, which are only possible with access to data from all environments and cloud-native advantages,” said Ganesh Srinivasan, Chief Product and Engineering Officer, Confluent.
“For organisations that need to operate on-premises, we’re bringing the benefits of cloud computing to their private infrastructure with Confluent for Kubernetes. Now, any company can build a private cloud service to move data across their business regardless of its environment.”
How can Confluent for Kubernetes help?
Organisations who are transitioning to the cloud or who need to keep workloads on-premises can use Confluent for Kubernetes’ cloud-native capabilities, including a declarative API to deploy and operate Confluent. According to the company, the platform also makes moving applications to the public cloud easier by ‘seamlessly migrating workloads to wherever your business needs them with the ability to connect and share data with Confluent Cloud’.
Enhanced reliability – As a cloud-native system, Confluent for Kubernetes detects if a process fails and will automatically restart processes or reschedule as necessary. Automated rack awareness spreads replicas of a partition across different racks, improving the availability of your brokers and limiting the risk of data loss.
Automated elasticity – Meet changing business demands with the ability to scale up using API-driven operations. The platform will automatically generate configurations, schedule and run new broker processes, and ensure data is balanced across brokers so that clusters can be efficiently utilised.
Simplified infrastructure management – Confluent for Kubernetes extends the Kubernetes API, enabling organisations to define the desired high-level state of clusters rather than manage all the low-level details. This infrastructure-as-code approach reduces the operational burden and achieves a faster time to value, while enhancing security with standards that can be easily and consistently deployed across an organisation.