Winning the cloud race - EMEA ahead of the field in new Bitglass study
The EMEA region continues to surge ahead in the race for cloud adoption, according to a new study from Bitglass.
84 percent of EMEA organisations are migrating to apps like Office 365, AWS, G Suite and Slack to leverage the productivity and cost benefits of the public cloud, the EMEA Cloud Adoption Report finds.
Amazon Web Services, the leading cloud provider in the world, remains especially popular. Usage of AWS far exceeds the rate of AWS deployments globally - worldwide only 8% use AWS while in EMEA that figure rises to 21.8%.
- Analytics and machine learning ambitions behind King's Google Cloud switch
- Expert insight: Can your network keep up? Cloud could be the answer
- The tech behind PowerEdge MX, Dell EMC's new IT transformation infrastructure
Businesses remain behind in the integration of security tools however, with less than 50% deploying even the most basic cloud security tool, SSO.
"The results of this survey reinforce what we found in our 2016 study – organisations in EMEA are embracing cloud productivity apps but still lack the security tools necessary to protect data," said Rich Campagna, CMO at Bitglass.
"In cloud-first environments, security must evolve to protect data on many more endpoints and in many more applications."
- Measuring the effectiveness of cloud migrationCloud & Cybersecurity
- Five Minutes With: Tamsin Ashmore, CFO of cloud firm UltimaCloud & Cybersecurity
- Research report highlights future cloud security trendsCloud & Cybersecurity
- 'Change is the new normal' Accenture cloud study findsCloud & Cybersecurity