UK Tech Awards 2020 crowns Revolut company of the year
The UK Tech Awards has announced its 2020 winners, with fintech company Revolut taking the top spot for company of the year.
Ocado’s Tim Steiner and SDL’s Adolfo Hernandez claimed joint tech CEO of the year, while TransferWise was dubbed tech growth business of the year.
Full list of winners
- Tech deal of the year, sponsored by Rothschild & Co - THG Holdings plc (The Hut Group)
- Tech Journalist of the Year, sponsored by Luther Pendragon - Jamie Nimmo, Mail on Sunday
- Tech growth business of the year, sponsored by ECI Partners - TransferWise Ltd
- Tech for good award - Twinkl Ltd
- Tech investor award - Hg
- Best use of tech in the digital economy award, sponsored by Zeus Capital - Babylon Health
- Tech Innovation of the Year - Oxford Nanopore Technologies Ltd
- Tech businesswoman of the year, sponsored by Silicon Valley Bank - Elona Mortimer-Zhika, IRIS Software Group
- Tech CEO of the year award, sponsored by Oakley Advisory Limited - joint winners Adolfo Hernandez, SDL plc and Tim Steiner, Ocado Group plc
- Tech company of the year, sponsored by Arma Partners - Revolut Ltd
Jass Sarai, UK technology, media and telecoms industry leader at sponsor PwC, said, “Despite this being an incredibly difficult year, the UK’s tech industry has shown amazing resilience while demonstrating the crucial role it serves for both society and government. This year’s UK tech awards nominees and winners are a testament to this, none more so than the winners of the ‘tech for good’ award Twinkl, who have helped keep many schools, teachers and pupils connected during unprecedented circumstances.
“I am hugely confident that the UK’s tech industry will continue to flourish and thrive, and that we will remain an important centre for global investment, innovation and growth for many years to come.”
‘A fantastic place to create and scale’
Erin Platts, head of EMEA and president of the UK branch of sponsor Silicon Valley Bank, said, “The UK continues to be a global leader and a fantastic place to create, grow and scale innovation businesses. This is reflected in global and domestic investments into the UK’s innovation economy with 2020 seeing almost similar investment capital levels compared to a record year in 2019. The UK Tech Awards is one of the leading platforms to shine a spotlight on the achievements of leaders within the UK innovation economy. As an ecosystem, we have an incredibly important role to play in contributing to and driving the UK’s future economy in a post-Covid-19 world.
“Despite some realtime headwinds, I am very optimistic and confident that the innovation sector will be a leading light and continue to show strong resilience across the country and indeed throughout Europe during the rest of 2020 and beyond. At Silicon Valley Bank we’re proud to continue our partnership with the UK Tech Awards by recognising and supporting those stand-out technology businesses and their leaders that continue to drive growth, disruption, inclusion and innovation in making the UK a leading global innovator.”
Logi Analytics Webinar: Meet the speaker
Data allows business owners to leverage digital insights and embrace the power of data-driven business intelligence to make more informed decisions that are better for business growth and evolution. By using data to drive its actions, an organisation can contextualise and/or personalise its messaging to its prospects and customers for a more customer-centric approach.
BizClik Media Group and Logi Analytics invite you to explore next-gen embedded analytics in our live webinar. There’s still time to sign up for the event entitled ‘Application Imperative: How Next-Gen Embedded Analytics Power Data-Driven Action’, which is taking place on 10 June at 4 pm BST.
The webinar will be led by Constellation Research’s Principal Analyst, Doug Henschen, who focuses on data-driven decision-making. Henschen’s Data-to-Decisions research examines how organisations employ data analysis to reimagine their business models and gain a deeper understanding of their customers.
Henschen's research acknowledges that innovative data analysis applications require a multi-disciplinary approach starting with information and orchestration technologies, continuing through business intelligence, data visualisation, and analytics, and moving into NoSQL and big-data analysis, third-party data enrichment, and decision-management technologies.
Constellation Research is a technology research and advisory firm based in Silicon Valley. Prior to joining Constellation, Doug Henschen led analytics, big data, business intelligence, optimisation, smart applications research, and news coverage at InformationWeek.
What will the webinar cover?
This exclusive webinar will explain next-gen embedding capabilities that will enable your company to:
- Eliminate unproductive toggling between transactional interfaces and purely analytic dashboards
- Drive two-way interactions between app features and embedded analytics to drive data-driven action
- The compounding impact of embedded analytics on your overall ROI
- Harness analytics as triggers for automated workflows and suggested next-best actions
- Enable developers to build quickly without coding while customising self-service options for end users
Logi Analytics is the only developer-grade analytics solutions provider focused exclusively on embedding analytics in commercial and enterprise applications, empowering the world’s software teams with the most intuitive data analytics solutions and a team of dedicated professionals invested in your company’s success.
Why not sign up today to find out exactly how Logi Analytics can revolutionise your data analytics game?
We look forward to seeing you there!