HCL, Manchester United and digital transformation at the world's biggest football club
Manchester United has reached a significant milestone in its HCL Technologies-powered digital transformation journey with the launch of a major new app.
The world's biggest football club, valued at $4.12bn by Forbes in June, is driving a strategy to become a 'Digital Sports Enterprise' in order to engage its global following of 659mn fans.
Through an extensive collaboration with the Indian IT services firm HCL which was first inaugurated in 2015, the club is seeking to explore how technology can transform its operations and services.
- Expert insight: KCOM's Raymond Hwang on the continuous innovation cycle
- Cloud architecture, machine learning, IoT - Alibaba Cloud's nine new products uncovered
- OUT NOW! August's bumper edition of Gigabit Magazine
HCL's digital platform provides the club with a single view of fans across web and app touchpoints, offering fans a one-stop shop for everything Manchester United.
"Manchester United is a great example of a modern, forward-thinking global organisation that is embracing transformative solutions to realise their digital potential," said HCL's Corporate Vice President Ashish Gupta.
"HCL’s digital experience platform has driven significant business transformation combining digital product strategy and technology innovation to deliver a compelling user experience."
Richard Arnold, Manchester United's Group Managing Director, added: "The app was created by a dedicated team from HCL and Manchester United, ensuring a truly collaborative approach to the project. The team not only built the new app and website, but also created an advanced underlying platform that will give the club the ability to adapt as new technologies emerge."
- Shankar Gopalkrishnan
- HCL: Helping businesses adapt for the digital ageDigital Transformation
- HCL Technologies expands US operations and unveils new CybserSecurity Fusion Centre in TexasData & Data Analytics
- HCL Technologies and Xerox sign $1.3bn shared services deal to drive operational transformationCloud & Cybersecurity