CFOs playing a critical role in digital disruption, says new Accenture research
New research from Accenture has highlighted the growing involvement of Chief Financial Officers in digital strategy.
According to its The CFO Reimagined: From Driving Value to Building the Digital Enterprise report, CFOs are now integral players in directing enterprise-wide digital investments and managing their economic outcomes and impacts.
81% of the CFOs surveyed for the report see identifying value across the business as one of their primary responsibilities, with over three-quarters believing within their remit to oversee business-wide transformation.
- OUT NOW! Read September's edition of Gigabit Magazine
- AAR launches new innovation practice after publication of landmark study
- In focus: T-Mobile and Ericsson's $3.5bn 5G agreement
"The CFO role has evolved over the last several years, from accountant to business partner to a strategic advisor across the entire enterprise, becoming the economic guardian of planned outcomes for digital investments," said Steve Culp, senior managing director at Accenture and global head of the company’s Finance & Risk practice.
"In addition, CFOs are fast becoming the digital stewards of their organisations, leveraging predictive analytics and artificial intelligence to better interpret data for key business decisions that drive value, improve efficiency and enable strategy beyond the borders of the finance function."
The research, available in full here, is based on online surveys with more than 700 finance leaders 200 up-and-coming finance professionals. Close to 50 qualitative interviews were conducted with CFOs, senior finance executives, CEOs and Chief Data Officers.
- 'Change is the new normal' Accenture cloud study findsCloud & Cybersecurity
- GBAPS breaks barriers to technology, improving educationDigital Transformation
- Accenture expands portfolio with Carbon IntelligenceDigital Transformation
- Anthony Foust, Global Chief Information Security OfficerDigital Transformation