Event starts in:
The Future of Mining Americas has been created to connect C-suite, Heads and Managers of Mine Operations and Mining Equipment, Technology and Services (METS) providers from top enterprises around the globe to debate and define the future mining landscape on a strategic level across the Americas, enabling attendees to discover the latest innovations and technologies which are driving mine productivity, mine efficiency and mine safety.
Hot topics include:
- How will mining be disrupted in the next decade?: How will autonomy and technology change our view of the average "miner?" and How will this transformation actually happen?
- How is the mining industry raising the bar using Business Ecosystems to accelerate the pace of innovation?
- How can the global mining industry collectively work towards a positive culture shift and how can mining companies prepare for the future by developing an agile talent base?
- What are the key strategies for building and maintaining relationships with governments and communities as well as the impact of stricter regulations, tightening stakeholder engagement and regional rights for the indigenous population?
- How are miners creating a new positive brand image, free of past industry stigmas? How can transparency and communication be used as an image builder rather than a destroyer?
Confirmed speakers include:
- Afzal Jessa, Chief Digital Officer, Vale
- Gordana Slepcev, Chief Operating Officer, Anaconda Mining
- John Mullally, Vice President of Corporate Affairs and Energy, Goldcorp
- Elena Mayer, President and CEO, Women Who Rock
- Ricardo Adame, Group Executive, Global Communications, Newmont Mining
- Mohammad Babaei, Digital Mining Innovation Lead, Teck Resources
- Arun Narayanan, Group Head Data Analytics, Anglo American