Uber selects Adyen as global 3D Secure solution provider
The payments platform, Adyen has been selected by Uber to be its initial solutions provider for 3D Secure (3DS). Adyen provides modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Some of Adyen's other customers include Facebook, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Marco Mahrus, Head of Payments Partnerships, Uber, said: “Uber is excited to be expanding our payments platform with Adyen. We are focused on maintaining a seamless and rewarding payments experience for our consumers, and we chose Adyen’s 3DS solution based on the innovative product features, the ease of implementation, and the expertise of their team.”
The 3D Secure 2 (3DS 2) is a new technology standard that strengthens customer authentication, while complying with regulations such as the PSD2 in Europe. It has secure data sharing, biometric identification, and an improved mobile-friendly customer experience.
- MuleSoft insight: what is an API?
- Finastra: Digital transformation for an open banking future
- Who to look out for at Money20/20 Europe
- Read the latest issue of FinTech Magazine!
Sam Halse, COO, Adyen said: “We look forward to expanding our partnership with Uber and becoming their first global partner for 3DS. 3DS authentication has become a top priority for all of our merchants.
“We have made a significant technology investment in our 3DS solution and merchants like Uber are leveraging our full-service capabilities to be prepared for evolving regulatory demands without sacrificing their customer experiences.”
- Ride-hailing giant Didi halts UK launchEnterprise IT
- Adyen beat market expectations as it partners with Just EatDigital Transformation
- The gig economy: why Uber is giving UK drivers worker statusDigital Transformation
- Uber sells air taxi business Elevate to Joby AviationAI & Machine Learning